compiled by Richard D. Wright(1996), transcribed by Victor Clark(2006) who added the records for the
Memorial Garden and and stones in the churchyard.
Before 1800, the church cemetery was on the site of the current education building. In 1802 land for a
There are 674 individuals listed
in the table
for the cemetery, and
15 graves prior to 1802 in the churchyard.
Among the prominent early family names on stones here are Black, Cooch, Couper, Dalby, Darragh, Eliason, Francis Janvier (b 1655),
Jefferson, Johns, Grantham, and McCallmont.
The number of burials represents a small fraction of the people who have been members of the church.
since about 1700 (including birth, marriage and death dates)
from Session records as a single large (3000 rows!) table or via
This information for New Castle residents was transcribed by Vic Clark from records